There’s no disputing the competitiveness of the elliptical trainer market these days, but perhaps one of the best high end elliptical machines is the Precor EFX 5.33 elliptical machine. Even fitness professionals agree, the EFX line by Precor is the most durable and long lasting among gym quality ellipticals. Perhaps that’s why the Precor reputation is so unmatched in the industry.
Though the Precor EFX 5.33 elliptical machine is so feature packed and probably offers the most value for your dollar available, where it truly shines is it’s reliability and minimal service requirements. And as you can imagine, the EFX 5.33 has a silky smooth motion and solid feel you would expect with a $4,500 price tag.
Precor EFX 5.33 Features
One of the best features of the Precor EFX 5.33 elliptical machine is that it allows you to customize your workout through an array of workout programs, adjustments and options. Just take a look at these specifications below to see for yourself.
Target different muscle groups with the adjustable CrossRamp®. The CrossRamp® angle can be set anywhere from 15 to 30 degrees by pushing a button to move it up and down. Ladies, need to work out your glutes, calves and quads – no problem, just move the ramp to the higher positions. If you want to engage all your lower body muscles, use the lower positions.
The easily viewable and adjustable console features QuickStart exercise programs and User IDs. The display shows your heart rate, calories burned, workout duration, and much more.
The advanced heart rate monitor engages with hand sensors on the stationary and moving handlebars. Make sure you stay in your cardio zone and prevent over-exertion. The pedals are reversible from a forward motion to a backward motion, allowing users to work more muscle groups.
- 20 Resistance Levels – Personalize your workout with 20 resistance levels, from 10 watts and 20 RPM on level one to 625 watts and 100 RPM at level two.
- CrossRamp – 15 to 30 degrees
- Stride – Variable stride motion from 21 inches to 23 inches.
- Upper Body Range of Motion – 12 to 19 inches
- Pedal Dimensions – 7 X 15 inches
- Programs – 10 total including 1 aerobic, 1 cross training, 1 gluteals, 2 heart rate, 1 hill climb, 1 interval, 1 manual, 2 weight loss.
- Dimensions – 84 x 31 x 63 inches (L x W x H)
- Weight – 240 pounds
- Warranty – Frame and welds: lifetime – parts and wear items: ten years – labor: one year
- Quality Construction – You won’t find a more well-built elliptical machine on the market for home use or the gym.
My Opinion of the Precor EFX 5.33 Elliptical Machine
Although I don’t own the EFX 5.33, the gym I belong to carries them, along with a few Life Fitness ellipticals. Personally, I prefer the Precor for all the reasons stated above – it’s just so smooth and solid in motion. I also enjoy the console and workout programs this machine offers over the competition. It seems like I’ve burned more calories and just feel slightly more fatigued in general after an elliptical machine workout on the Precor. You can view more information about the Precor EFX 5.33 elliptical machine on Amazon here.