The Precor EFX 5.37 elliptical machine is the the highest of the EFX models for home use. It is very comparable to Precor’s commercial grade machines, both in features and quality and durability. Like the Precor 5.33 elliptical trainer I previously reviewed, the 5.37 features the adjustable CrossRamp® and variable stride technology, silky smooth motion, and solid feel with a price tag of $5,400.
With the Precor EFX 5.37 elliptical machine you get a few upgrades from the 5.33 and 5.35 however, including 15 workout programs, convertible handlebars (from fixed to moving), chest strap heart rate monitor, 10 more degrees on the incline adjustment, and 2 more user IDs. Other than these, the 5.37 has the same specifications as seen on the two lower tier machines.
Precor EFX 5.37 Features
As with all Precor EFX 5.37 elliptical machine models, the easily accessible console features QuickStart exercise programs and User IDs. The display shows your heart rate, calories burned, workout duration, and much more.
The on board and chest strap heart rate monitor makes sure you stay in your cardio zone to prevent over-exertion. Large platform pedals are reversible from a forward motion to a backward motion, allowing users to work more muscle groups.
- 20 Resistance Levels – Personalize your workout with 20 resistance levels, from 10 watts and 20 RPM on level one to 625 watts and 100 RPM at level two.
- CrossRamp® – 15 to 40 degrees
- Stride – Variable stride motion from 21 inches to 23 inches.
- Upper Body Range of Motion – 12 to 19 inches
- Pedal Dimensions – 7 X 15 inches
- Programs – 15 total including 1 aerobic, 1 cross training, 2 custom, 1 gluteals, 2 heart rate, 1 hill climb, 3 interval, 1 manual, 3 weight loss
- Dimensions – 84 x 31 x 63 inches (L x W x H)
- Weight – 240 pounds
- Warranty – Frame and welds: lifetime – parts and wear items: ten years – labor: one year
- Quality Construction – You won’t find a more well-built elliptical machine on the market for home use or the gym.
My Opinion of the Precor EFX 5.33
While the 5.37 is without doubt the top of the line model within the Precor EFX 5.37 elliptical machine lineup, I personally don’t recommend it above the 5.33 or even the 5.35 considering the price increase. For example, you’ll spend extra $900 above the 5.33 for a few amenities like a a few more exercise programs, user IDs, a chest strap heart rate monitor, and 10 more degrees (up to 40 degrees) CrossRamp® adjustability. You can check out the comparison chart at Amazon for a closer look at the differences between all the EFX models.
Nonetheless, if the above upgrades are worth an extra $900 for you, then that’s a personal choice you have to make of course. I personally don’t use heart rate monitors, and tend to use my own elliptical machine workout routines that incorporate intervals based on rate of perceived exertion (RPE). While in accordance to these routines, you’re determining your own intensity levels based on how you feel, so programmed workouts aren’t necessary. You can check out the elliptical workouts category for more detailed info.